At Hiland’s Cigars, our passion for the art of cigar craftsmanship finds a particular resonance with the Perfecto shape, a timeless embodiment of elegance and complexity in the cigar world. This distinctively contoured cigar, with its tapered ends and bulging center, is not just an aesthetic marvel, but a sensory journey, offering nuances in flavor and intensity that cater to both the novice and the seasoned aficionado. Whether you’re seeking the thrill of something different or the comfort of a tried-and-true classic, the Perfecto promises a smoking experience that is, in every sense, perfectly shaped to please.
What is a Perfecto Cigar?
The Perfecto is a unique cigar shape that stands out due to its distinguishable form: tapered at both the head and foot, with a bulge in the middle. These cigars are also called “Figurado”, but there are nuanced differences in a perfecto and a figurado. However, for all intents and purposes, they are the same thing. Both elegant and distinct designs of perfectos and figurados allow for a varying experience as you smoke through its changing ring gauges, offering a dynamic flavor profile throughout your smoking journey.
When did the Perfecto first become popular?
The Perfecto cigar gained prominence during the early 20th century, with its heyday in the 1920s and 1930s. Its unique shape and the multifaceted smoking experience it offered made it a favorite among cigar aficionados of that era. Its popularity has had its ebbs and flows over the decades, but it remains a cherished classic among discerning smokers.
Today, these shapes are usually associated with rare or limited edition cigars. Due to the mastery and time required to roll perfecto and figurado cigars, most manufacturers and brands limit the production.
Why should I try a Perfecto?
For the novice, the Perfecto provides a dynamic introduction to the variances of flavor intensity, showcasing how the shape of a cigar can influence its burn and taste profile. As the cigar’s girth expands and contracts, it offers a roller-coaster of flavor transitions, allowing new enthusiasts to hone their palate. For the seasoned smoker, the Perfecto represents a timeless classic, a nod to the tradition and meticulous craftsmanship of the cigar world. Its unique shape ensures a prolonged and varied smoking journey, perfect for moments of reflection or profound conversation. In essence, keeping a Perfecto in one’s humidor is a statement of appreciation for the artistry of cigar-making and a commitment to a multifaceted smoking experience.
Recommended Perfecto Cigars:
- Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story
- Tatuaje Avion Perfecto Grande II
- Oliva Serie V Melanio Figurado
- Oliva Serie O Petit Perfecto
- AJ Fernandez Bellas Artes Maduro Figurado
How to Smoke a Perfecto Cigar: The Perfecto requires a bit of technique to get the most out of your smoking experience:
- Begin by cutting the tapered end, being cautious not to cut too much as this could affect the draw.
- Light the tapered foot evenly. Due to its narrowed end, it’s essential to ensure an even burn to enjoy the flavors as intended.
- As you smoke, the ring gauge will gradually increase, offering a change in intensity and flavor. Savor these shifts as you make your way through the cigar.
What sizes do Perfecto Cigars come in? Perfecto cigars can range significantly in size, from shorter versions that are around 4.5 inches long to larger ones extending up to 9 inches. The ring gauge can vary from a petite 30 at the ends to a robust 60+ at the bulge, offering a wide range of options to cater to individual preferences.
The Perfecto FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions):
- Why is the Perfecto shape so unique? The Perfecto is uniquely designed with tapered ends and a bulging middle, offering a variable smoking experience as the ring gauge changes throughout the cigar.
- Is the Perfecto suitable for beginners? Yes! The Perfecto can be an excellent choice for beginners due to its dynamic flavor changes, giving new smokers a taste of the range cigars can offer.
- How long does it typically take to smoke a Perfecto? Depending on its size, a Perfecto can offer anywhere from 30 minutes to over an hour of smoking pleasure.
- How should I store my Perfecto cigars? Like all cigars, Perfectos should be stored in a humidor at 68-72% humidity to ensure they remain fresh and flavorful.
- What makes the Perfecto different from a Torpedo cigar? While both have tapered ends, the Perfecto has both ends tapered with a bulge in the middle, while the Torpedo is typically tapered only at the head.
- What is the difference between a perfecto and a figurado Cigar? Perfectos are figurados, but figurados aren’t necessarily perfectos. Figurados can describe any cigar in a unique shape or figure outside of the typical rounded head cigar shape.
Dive into the world of Perfecto cigars with Hiland’s Cigars and discover a timeless classic that promises a unique and enriching experience with every puff. Whether you’re a seasoned aficionado or new to the world of cigars, the Perfecto is a journey worth embarking upon. Keep in mind that Hiland’s Cigars sells premium cigars at discount prices every day! You can order online, call us, or come in our Scottsdale, AZ shop and have a smoke! Browse our clearance cigars, cigar accessories, and top cigar brands online.